Abacus Belsize Primary School is a primary school which opened in September 2013 under the Free Schools Programme to help meet the local need for school places. A member of the Anthem Schools Trust family of schools, we are secular and welcome children from all backgrounds.
Our mission is to foster a positive, creative and multi-sensory learning environment that inspires each child to maximise their individual talents, curiosity and ability to think. At Abacus, we believe all children are entitled to enjoy their childhood and live it actively.
Our aim at Abacus is to make a positive contribution to the development of children as individuals and as members of the community. We want to give children a sense of who they are and where they belong in the world.
In order to achieve this, we give children and adults the opportunity to T.H.R.I.V.E.
We are a car free, walking school.
At Abacus we believe children learn differently but that they all deserve the right to:
- Aspire to achieve the best they can, academically
- Believe in themselves, being balanced and broad-minded
- Considerate, confident, tolerant and independent children
- Develop a life-long love of learning
- Have the confidence to make 'marvellous mistakes'
- Enjoy their childhood!
- Be a fearless reader
- Be an adventurous learner
- Be adept at a second language