At Abacus, we work with children and their families to get the very best out of everyone. We are all proud to belong to a school where everybody works together for the good of our children and community.
Parental involvement is encouraged and greatly appreciated. A range of opportunities is provided throughout the year for parents to engage with the school in support of their child’s learning and general development. These include:
- open events
- pupil progress meetings (parents’ evenings)
- class assemblies (followed up by parent workshop)
- end of term celebrations and performances (for example a play at the end of the Autumn term and our Shakespeare performance every other year at the end of the Spring term)
- Stay and Play sessions for new parents
- School winter and summer fair
- curriculum meetings
- music/drama performances.
Many parents also help in school in a variety of ways, including working within the classroom or with after school clubs and outings. We have a lot of parents who help each half term on our Heath days, and on Fridays we welcome in parent reading volunteers
If you would like to help in school, please get in touch via the school office.